FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
United Entertainment Group
WISE ANNOUNCES CREATION OF NEW SOUTH FLORIDA CHAPTER;
ORGANIZATION NOW HAS 11 CHAPTERS ACROSS COUNTRY
March 4, 2015 (New York, NY) — Women in Sports and Events (WISE), the leading voice and resource for women in the business of sports, is pleased to announce the creation of a new WISE South Florida chapter. With this addition, WISE now has 11 chapters located across the United States, driving the national organization's mission of creating and supporting programs that enhance the growth of women in the business of sports.
Local chapters provide programming and valuable networking opportunities in their region and work with WISE National to execute initiatives such as the WISE Within Mentor Program and Speed Mentoring Roundtables. The WISE South Florida chapter will implement this approach while looking to leverage relationships with the four professional sports teams/organizations and the five universities in Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
"The South Florida area is a fantastic sports market, making this chapter a great addition to our organization." said Kathleen Francis, national chair of WISE. "We are thrilled to work with this new chapter to offer programming and networking opportunities to the women in the Miami-Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach counties."
The founding board members of the new WISE South Florida chapter are:
- President Christina Ramos, Director of Marketing & Promotions at the Orange Bowl Committee
- Vice President Christina Simpson, Florida Regional Director at Smart Destinations
- Treasurer Leslie Nixon, Director of Government and Community Affairs with the Miami Dolphins
- Sponsorship Chair Lacey Abbott, VP Business Development at Irie Music, Corp.
- Chair of Events & Programming Latoya Williams, Director of Community Relations at the Orange Bowl Committee
- Community Outreach Chair Clara Stroude Vazquez, Marketing Managerat the Miami Heat
- Public Relations & Social Media Chair Lindy Sparby, Director of Marketing at University of Marketing
- Marketing Chair Ana Hernandez-Ochoa, Chief Marketing Officer at the Orange Bowl Committee
- Event Chair & Social Chair Kenya Wilson, Manager Membership Services at the Miami Dolphins
- Membership Outreach Chair Akilah Dorsey, Product Development Manager at Entertainment Benefits Group
- Student Recruitment Chair Lorean Mapp, Wellness & Instructional Activities in Sport & Recreation Coordinator at Barry University
- WISE Within Chair Linda Bassitt, Show Director at Latin Expo Group, LLC.
"We are so honored to be joining the amazing network of women at WISE," said WISE South Florida chapter president Christina Ramos. "It is our deep desire to focus all of our attention on starting WISE South Florida to help promote, connect and encourage women in our community and within our industries."
For more information about WISE South Florida, email WISEsfl@gmail.com; WISEsouthflorida on Facebook; @WISE_SoFlorida on Twitter; and WISE_SoFla on Instagram.
WISE (Women in Sports and Events), is the leading voice and resource for professional women in the business of sports. Through ongoing meetings, special events, and mentoring and educational programs, WISE aims to offer its members the opportunity to gain valuable industry insights and connections that can provide them with a competitive advantage in their current position and as they advance in their careers. Founded in 1993, WISE is a national membership organization and registered 501(c)3 public charity headquartered in New York City, with chapters in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles, NYC Metro, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco/Bay Area, South Florida and Washington, D.C. For more information on WISE, please visit WISEworks.org.